The Wine Cellars of the Northwest is committed to alcohol responsibility in all of our business practices. We distribute highest quality products in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and market them responsibly. We promote responsible sales practices throughout the supply chain. We promote responsible drinking by legally aged adults, and strive to reduce excessive, irresponsible or underage drinking.
We adopt local policies and procedures that, at a minimum, conform to this Wine Cellars of the Northwest policy.
In order to promote beneficial patterns of drinking and discourage harmful patterns of drinking, we will:
- Strive to base our alcohol policy on the fullest possible understanding of the available scientific evidence.
- Participate in appropriate industry activities that encourage legal and responsible drinking and discourage irresponsible drinking.
- As appropriate to local culture, conditions and priorities, implement company responsible drinking programs in those markets where we have a significant business presence and market share, in order to:
- Discourage and reduce drunk driving or drinking before high-risk activities,
- Discourage and reduce irresponsible drinking or drinking to intoxication or illegal activity or violence associated with drinking, and
- Discourage and reduce underage drinking.
- Promote our products ethically and responsibly in all of our markets:
- Advertise and sell our products honestly and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations,
- Follow the letter and spirit of industry self-regulatory codes that are consistent with the Wine Cellars of the Northwest commitment to responsibility,
- Target our sales and marketing activities to individuals who are at least the legal drinking age (LDA) or age 18, whichever is higher,
- Neither condone nor promote drunk driving or drinking before high-risk activities, irresponsible drinking or drinking to intoxication or illegal activity or violence associated with drinking,
- Avoid language or images considered to be lewd or indecent based on contemporary standards in the applicable market,
- Avoid claims that consumption of our products is necessary for social, sexual, academic or economic success, and
- Neither condone nor promote littering or other improper disposal of packaging or containers.
- Participate in industry responsible drinking programs and promote effective alcohol abuse reduction legislation, as appropriate.
- Make this policy available on our website, as an encouragement to others in the industry, our business partners and supply chain to adopt similar policies.